IPL 2022: Umran Malik steals the show with five-wicket haul Umran Malik became the first bowler to bag five wickets in a single match of the ongoing IPL 2022 on Wednesday.
The SunRisers Hyderabad’s pacer bowled out four Gujarat Titans’ batters, including both their openers and got captain Hardik Pandya caught by Marco Jansen in his spell.
However, the Titans pulled off a sensational five-wicket win even after Malik set the ground on fire with his early strikes.
Umran Malik five-wicket haul
Chasing 196, GT got off to a flight courtesy of Wriddhiman Saha. The seasoned veteran ran away after scoring 41 off 20 balls while Shubman Gill was playing run-a-ball at the other end.
Umran was brought into the attack and he succeeded, overtaking Gill. In his very next over, he dismissed Hardik Pandya with a quick bouncer.
The speedster was held up for the latter overs and it turned out to be a brilliant move.
Umran returned with a brilliant yorker in the 14th over to send Saha back before completing his five-wicket haul with the wickets of David Miller and Abhinav Manohar.
Four of his five wickets were where he knocked down the stumps.
With 5 wickets, he is now second in the list of most wicket takers behind Yuzvendra Chahal.
Umran’s figures of 5/25 are also the third best for an uncapped player and the second best for an SRH bowler.
- WWE Suspends Sasha Banks, Naomi After Raw Walkout; WWE to hold Tag Team Tournament
- Edge Huge Hints At Next Member Of WWE’s The Judgement Day Stable?
- IPL 2022 KKR vs LSG HIGHLIGHTS: लखनऊ सुपर जायंट्स ने कोलकाता नाइट राइडर्स को 2 रनों से हराया
- IPL 2022 KKR vs LSG HIGHLIGHTS: Lucknow Super Giants beat Kolkata Knight Riders by 2 runs
- Johnny Elite makes his AEW debut as the Joker Card entry